Monday, September 12, 2011

Getting started

Same post below in German.
.....

Roughly 24 hours since I left home and I am finally at my dorms. Getting here was kind of an adventure, seeing how both my planes were delayed (the second one by an entire hour). Which was bad, because at the airport we originally already only had about two hours total to get our Visas confirmed, get our luggage, go though customs and find out meeting place. We were lucky though, and caught up pretty well, only being about 15 minutes late.
But boy, I didn't get a wink of sleep during this trip. Ours was also the longest out of all the exchange students. Not a record I particularly wanted. :p

While getting my luggage checked by security at Frankfurt my cuddle toy was named Knut against my will. Why? Because they suspected I was smuggling drugs in him and wanted to name him while he was getting checked. Even though he's an ice bear, don't just call him Knut!

Arriving at the dorms we each had a Japanese student assigned to us to explain how everything works. HDTV, aircon, my own bathtub. :D I had to set up the internet myself though, because he had no idea how to >_> Further proof that I am a nerd.

Fun titbit for those who know my amazing sense of orientation: Went to the store with my Japanese helper to get breakfast for tomorrow; got lost on the way back. Didn’t even take me a day XD

I have a long day ahead tomorrow, so I'll cut this short. Was pretty much just doing something until my hair was dry XD
I also posted some pictures of my room at the bottom~ I haven't really unpacked yet, so of course it's a hot mess. >_> Forgive me.

~Mel

P.S. Their trash system is hell


Etwa 24 Stunden seit ich los bin und ich habs endlich ins Wohnheim geschafft. Es war ein kleines Abenteuer, beide Flüge hatten Verspätung (der Zweite gleich eine Stunde). Das war relativ... schlecht, weil wir in Narita sowieso nur eine Stunde fürs Visum, Gepäck und Zoll hatten, und dann auch noch den Treffpunkt suchen mussten. Ist aber alles gut gegangen, der Pilot hat so viel Zeit aufgeholt, dass wir am Ende nur noch 15 Minuten zu spät waren.
Ich hab natürlich kein Auge zubekommen. Außerdem hatten wir von Deutschland aus tatsächlich die längste Anreise. Den Rekord wollte ich nicht unbedingt halten :p

Als mein Gepäck in Frankfurt von der Security gecheckt wurde haben sie mein Kuscheltier gegen meinen Willen Knut getauft. Warum? Es ist ein Eisbär, und Eisbären müssen Knut heißen. Außerdem dachten sie, ich wollte darin Drogen schmuggeln. Seh ich so aus?!

Im Wohnheim angekommen haben wir alle einen japanischen Studenten zugewiesen bekommen, der uns das Zimmer erklärt hat. HDTV, Klimaanlage, meine eigene Badewanne. :D Das Internet musste ich selber installieren, weil er nicht wusste, wo welches Kabel hingehört. <_< Ich bin halt ein Nerd. Fun fact: Ich hab ja einen legendär guten Orientierungssinn. Bewiesen dadurch, dass mein Japaner und ich zum Supermarkt sind und uns auf dem Rückweg völlig verlaufen haben. Hat nicht mal einen Tag gedauert. XD Morgen ist noch viel zu tun, deswegen hör ich jetzt hier auf. Ich wollte sowieso nur warten, bis meine Haare trocken waren. XD Unten dran häng ich ein paar Bilder von meinem Zimmer~ Ich hab noch nicht wirklich ausgepackt, dementsprechend ist es ziemlich unaufgeräumt, aber das kennen wir ja von mir. XD ~ Mel P.S. Die Mülltrennung hier muss sterben gehen. :|




7 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you're finally THERE!! After all the waiting! Your place looks tiny and cute - I can't wait to read more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schaut doch nett aus :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ist ja super! Alles drin, was man braucht und die Aussicht vom Balkon sehen wir sicher auch noch bei Tag. Grüße aus Konz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Glad you are there! Learn a lot, have a lot of fun and be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neid :/
    Mein Wohnheim ist die Sparversion von deinem. D: Und kostet das gleiche, fail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ね~ I can't believe my BB Mel is in Japan finally :'). How's the male fauna so far? How many chou cream have you already eaten? how many ヤ_イ同人誌 have you bought 8D?
    Btw, your room looks awesome. /jelly
    I hope you soon overcome jet lag :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Mel, schön, dass du gut angekommen bist. Das Zimmer sieht wirklich richtig toll aus. Da kannst du dich das Jahr wohl fühlen :-)
    Liebe Grüße von uns allen aus Könen!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete