Sunday, October 30, 2011

All about the food

As per usual, German beneath the dotted line. Why am I even saying this anymore.

Let's see, where did I leave off... Kawagoe Festival, I guess.
Next up was the Daito Bunka Walk. Why we did it I still don't know, but I survived it. Surprisingly without being sore the day after. I honestly thought that walking 17km would do something, but I was completely fine. Yay~
I managed to place 210th, out of about 750 participants. That's not too bad, I think. And while walking we got to see the city a bit, since they sent us through a lot of parks and past temples. It was actually quite enjoyable and I would do it again~ No pictures for this though, as I forgot to bring my camera.

Until something more exciting happened I got my first mail that wasn't from the parents or a bill:
Super cute :3 I was really happy about this one~ /hinthint


I also found the most amazing thing ever (take 927346):
Matcha ice cream, in a regular super market :3


After a week filled with classes and Doing Nothing Special we went to celebrate my fellow German's birthday on Saturday at an Izakaya. There were yummy drinks, but honestly, I cared more about the food. Pictures of that will be at the bottom~ Yay for food pictures \o/

Another week started to pass by and I realized that oops, I hadn't started to work on my Halloween costume yet, even though the party was on Saturday. But that's okay, as a cosplayer I can make costumes while short on time :P
And thanks to my best friend I actually had an idea of what to go as too. Only took weeks of agonizing over it to get to the conclusion.
So I started to make stars. And stars. And more stars. in the end I had about 100 and almost all of them made it onto the costume \o/

It doesn't look like a lot, but believe me, it was.


After cutting those out I was sitting here, mentally going asdfg WHY AM I DOING THIS. But again, this is an every-costume-ever occurrence :P
So I started sewing the stars onto one of my dresses. One by one. In the right constellations. Because this is how I roll, yo. :| I refuse to half-ass something like this. Although I doubt it looked anything close to being a lot of work, but I know what I did, so hah.

Work in progress. There was some cursing involved.


And the finished thing (there's more on the back, but I'm not uploading that here). Like I said, it doesn't look spectacular, but I still like it. Mel, the Night Sky 8D


At the party had the biggest food highlight yet: one of the guests had brought real Kobe beef. You know, that stuff that goes for about 300 bucks a pound. And wow, it tasted amazing. I still wouldn't pay that much for meat, but that's because I'm stingy, not because I think it isn't worth it. Because I'm not going to lie, that was the best beef I've tasted yet. Yes, that good. Though with that price I doubt I'll ever eat it again XD

Then some stuff happened and I turned into unhappy!Mel, but oh well. Been there, done that.

In any case, I'm going to Disneyland next week, so everything's awesome ^____^

.......................


Okay, wo hab ich letztes Mal aufgehört… Kawagoe Festival.

Danach kam erstmal der Daito Bunka Walk. Ich weiß immer noch nicht, warum wir daran teilgenommen haben, aber was solls. Ich habs überlebt.
Erstaunlicherweise sogar ohne Muskelkater; ich ging wirklich davon aus, dass 17km zu laufen irgendwas bewirken würde. Aber Glück gehabt. Yay~ :D
Ich bin auch Platz 210 von etwa 750 Teilnehmern gelandet, gar nicht mal so schlecht. Und wir haben ein Bisschen von der Stadt gesehen, die Route ging an einigen Parks und Tempeln vorbei. Es hat eigentlich Spaß gemacht und ich würde es sogar wieder tun~
Bilder gibt’s allerdings keine, ich hatte meine Kamera vergessen.

Bis dann wieder etwas los war hab ich meine erste post die keine Rechnung war oder nicht von den elterlichen Einheiten stammt bekommen:
Super süß, hat mich total gefreut /mit dem Zaunpfahl wink


Außerdem hab ich das beste Essen ever gefunden (zum 423689sten Mal)
Matcha Eis im normalen Supermarkt :3


Nach einer Woche Unterricht und Nichts Besonderes Getan sind wir Samstags dann den Geburtstag meiner Mit-Deutschen im Izakaya feiern gegangen. Total leckere Getränke, aber das Essen war trotzdem besser :P Bilder gibt’s am Ende vom Blogeintrag. Yay, Essensbilder \o/

Die nächste Woche nahm ihren Lauf und ich stellte Fest, dass, ups, ich hatte noch nicht mit meinem Halloween Kostüm angefangen, und die Party war diesen Samstag. Aber macht ja nichts, als Cosplayer lernt man, mit wenig Zeit umzugehen XD
Dank meiner besten Freundin hatte ich sogar eine Idee, was ich machen wollte, davor habe ich Wochenlang nur gegrübelt. Sie ist halt doch mehr ein kreativer Kopf, als ich.
Also fing ich an, Sterne zu basteln. Und mehr Sterne. Und noch mehr Sterne. Zum Schluss hatte ich etwa 100, fast alle davon haben es ins Kostüm geschafft. \o/

Sieht nicht nach viel aus, war es aber.


Als ich die endlich fertig hatte sagte mein Kopf so etwas wie „asdfg WARUM TUST DU DAS??“, aber das passiert bei jedem Kostüm, was ich mache :P
Also fing ich an, die Sterne auf eins von meinen Kleidern zu nähen. Einzeln. In den korrekten Konstellationen. Weil weil halt. :| Ich weigere mich, halbherzig ein Kostüm zu machen. Ich bezweifle zwar, dass es auch nur ansatzweise nach Arbeit aussah, war es aber, und wenigstens ich weiß, was dahinter steckt. Hah. :|

Entstehungsprozess. Es wurde ein wenig geflucht.


Und das fertige Produkt (der Rücken ist auch voll, aber das lad ich jetzt nicht hoch). Wie gesagt, sieht nicht spektakulär aus, aber ich mags trotzdem. Mel der Sternenhimmel.


Auf der Party hatte ich dann das größte kulinarische Highlight bis jetzt: einder der Gäste brachte echtes Kobe-Rind. Also, das Zeug, was so um die 300€ pro Pfund kostet. Und so hat es auch geschmeckt. Wow, kann ich nur sagen. Ich würde niemals so viel für Fleisch bezahlen, aber das liegt eher daran, dass ichs mir nie leisten könnte, als daran, dass ich denken würde, es wäre es nicht Wert. Weil, ungelogen, das war das beste Rindfleisch, was ich je gegessen habe. Bei dem Preis bezweifle ich allerdings, dass ich es jemals wieder bekomme XD

Dann ist etwas passiert und ich wurde zu unglücklich!Mel und bin auf mein Zimmer gegangen. Aber naja, passiert.

Nächste Woche geht’s auf ins Disneyland und alles ist wieder gut ^___^

.............

Food!/Essen!

One of my favourites, salmon with avocado and some dressing :D // Eines meiner Lieblinge, Lachs mit Avocado und Dressing

Omelette-ish stuff with bacon strips. [insert Epic Meal Time reference here] // Omelette-artiges Zeug

Sashimi :D

Italian time? Tomato with mozzarella and ham // Italienisch? Tomate-Mozzarella mit Schinken

Cheese-filled minced meat (you pour the egg over it) and fried cheese shrimp // Mit Käse gefüllte Hackbällchen (mehr so -stäbchen, das Ei wird drüber gegossen) und gebackene Garnele mit Käse

Kobe beef, Kobe beef, KOBE BEEF. / Kobe-Rind. :Q_______

2 comments:

  1. The food pics are killing me, just know it (KOBEBEEFARGHMUSTRESISTFROMJEALOUSYATTACKSTHATSHITISPRICEYARGH). And your costume was detailed in its simplicity, unfortunately it didn't really show. To receive compliments you either have to wear flashy dresses or be a man in drag. Didn't your experience in cosplay and Heechul teach you that? (lol no, I get it you didn't make it for the fame but for your own satisfaction XD).
    Also, I'm stealing the girl-at-the-party idea of a snowman costume for next Carnival (Receiving double coverage from photobucket is awesome ;D).
    PS: I tried to shoot a video of the nephew saying "Gambare Melanie" as a way to cheer you/piss you off (XD) and he got as far as "Gamba Mela" (Leg Apple. Sob). You are safe from kids videos featuring your name. For now. Mbwahahah.
    PPS: Chicks totally rules.
    PPPS: Viking guy creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I read my comment, the more I find it weird and awkward and and and-
    m(_ _)m I apologize. I'll take my leave and try to restore my funny and coherence through sleep.

    ReplyDelete